Monday, September 29, 2008

Kiana goes to Preschool

Kiana had her first day of school today! She has been counting down the days. I have been counting with her, at least on the days she drove me crazy (most days). But something weird happened today when I dropped her off that I wasn't expecting. I was sad before I even got to the car. And I was the not the only one, Mariah was sad also. We both just kinda looked at each other like now what. Kiana is usually the one who runs the show. Mariah and I pretty much march to Kiana's drum. Well anyways on the way home I started to cry. I know some of you are probably thinking big deal, you always cry (haha). I've left Kiana many times before and for much longer than those 5 minutes today, but this was different. Kiana is growing up, she is not going to be with me all day everyday. It hit me hard! I am getting choked up just writing about it. It's so crazy how fast they grow up. She is my first, my baby. I love watching her grow and mature but and the same time it is hard when you realize your baby is growing up.


Mariah didn't like me much today, she thought I was boring. I am not use to being the one who entertains her, that's Kiana's job. Usually Kiana plays with Mariah and then when Mariah gets mad or bored I hold and cuddle her. So I tried that today. Yeah right! Mariah didn't want me to hold and cuddle her for two hours. I always thought Mariah was such an easy baby, she doesn't wine and fuss for me 24/7. Well a big part of that is because she has a WONDERFUL big sister who plays with her all day. I tried to play and make her laugh but its not that easy. It was fun for like 10 minutes then I was ready to put her down and get things done. I guess I didn't realize that Kiana is nonstop when it comes to Mariah. I have some pretty big shoes to fill.
Kiana playing with her friends at school

She was such a good sport posing for all the pictures I had to take

1 comment:

The Mecham Family said...

I think it's sweet that you cried after taking her to school. I get sad as well when I realize how quickly our kids are growing up!