Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh brother...the little one is now walking!

It is always exciting watching baby's first steps. You spend so much time helping them up on things and carry them around that it provides a sigh of relief when they can start to walk solo and do a few things on their own...But wait, talk about your classic "blessing and a curse." The moment is finally here that Mariah is now walking! Let me tell you, she gets into everything! Everything! I can't keep up. But she is so adorable though; I could just eat her. Its funny though...a lot of people comment on how small she is and on how young she was when she started officially walking solo (at 9 months). Rightly so, because she is only in the first 1st percentile of her weight. Sometimes I still get a little spooked when I walk around a corner and stumble on this little hobbit walking in my front room. Its not normal I tell you...that small and walking. But I love it! Not only does Mariah look and act like Kiana but now she is following in her footsteps......literally haha (Kiana walked at 8 months).

3 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

That's precious!!! I can't believe she's walking!!!! I need to see y'all soon!! I miss y'all!!

Randi said...

Okay that is just too cute! I can't believe she's walking already! And walking so good too! But, I must say, it does make me feel better that somebody else has a kid as small as mine. Hailey has been so small on her weight that she wasn't even on the charts, but after a long time of giving her a really high calorie diet we finally fattened her up to the 3rd percentile. Yippee! :)

Kenzee Jo said...

Wow...what a tough little girl you have. Declan is crawling, too well, getting into everything. But, not quite walking. Pretty fun though. Our babies are almost 1!!!